There are lots of antivirus software out there. One of them is Malwarebytes. Want to know more about this software? Read on, then. Here we will introduce the software to you. We will you what it is, who developed it, its features, how it works, pros and cons, and more.
What is Malwarebytes?
Let’s start with knowing what the software is first. So, what is it? It is a security software capable of detecting and removing malware such as Trojans, spyware, worms, rogues, rootkits, and others from a PC.
All you need to do is to launch it and run a scan. Yes, it is that simple. The free version of this software offers various features, although not as many as the Premium or paid version.
Who Developed Malwarebytes?
The software was developed by Malwarebytes Inc., an internet security company based in the US. The software was first introduced back in January 2006. Since then, the software has grown to various platforms with different features.
- Protects you from ransomware and advanced threats. Using its, anti-malware, anti-rootkit, and anti-spyware technology, the software detects and removes threats in real-time. It shields your file from ransomware as well.
- Protects you from infected and fake websites. The software proactively protects you from infected and fake websites, allowing you to surf the internet safely.
- Fast and smart scan. The software can scan your computer very quickly. Moreover, the scan can be run in the background.
- Smart technology. The software utilizes smarter technology that breaks the attack chain from beginning to end.
- Real-time protection. The software provides some layers of real-time protection, including
- Anomaly detection
- Application hardening
- Application behavior protection
- Behavior monitoring
- Exploit mitigation
- Payload Analysis
- Web protection
How It Works
The software examines a computer’s master and volume boot records using its rootkit scanner which is capable of spotting deeply buried malware as well as defending against file-less malware attacks.
It has three scan types: Threat Scan, Hyper Scan, and Custom Scan. The Threat Scan is a quick scan taking just about 5 minutes to finish. The Hyper Scan is even faster, but it scans only the essentials. The Custom Scan scans what you want to scan.
Pros and Cons
Every software has its pros and cons. Of course, Malwarebytes is not an exception. Below are the pros and cons of the software.
- Great at detecting and eliminating new threats.
- Strong against ransomware and exploits.
- Low system impact and doesn’t conflict with other antivirus software.
- This software is also user-friendly. Even if this is your first time using it, you wouldn’t have any difficulty using it.
- The free edition is quite capable.
- Weak against malware.
- The free edition doesn’t provide real-time protection.
- The Premium edition is relatively expensive.
Where to Download
Interested in this software? You can try the free version and activate the free trial to see if the product fits your needs. Just click the link below and download the software. Here’s the download link:
Now you know what Malwarebytes is. Overall, it is a good software to remove and protect your PC from malware. However, it is more of a complement than standalone antivirus software. It is better to use it alongside another antivirus software than to use it alone.