There are various browsers you can use to browse the internet nowadays. But have you ever heard of Brave browser? This new browser offers a different browsing experience to the user as it brings various features. Want to know more about it? Just read on.
What is Brave Browser?
It is a free, open-source browser that anyone can use. This browser, however, is focused on protecting the privacy of its users. It has various features to help protect the users’ privacy.
For example, it has a built-in ad-blocking feature that blocks ads automatically, showing blank spaces where ads should have to appear. However, the browser is not entirely free from ads. It has its own ad platform, where it shows privacy-respecting ads for users.
Who Developed Brave Browser?
Brave Browser Features
- Brave shields. This protects the users from data-grabbing trackers and ads, allowing them to browse without worrying about their privacy being breached.
- Faster browsing speed. Because ads and trackers are blocked, users can browse the internet much faster.
- Tor. Tor is available for users who want to browse more privately.
- IPFS integration. IPFS is designed to make the Web more open, safer, and faster.
How it Works
So, how does Brave browser works? It works just like any other browser. Open the browser and type what you want to find on the search box or the address of the website you want to go to. That’s it. However, due to its inherent features, you will have a different browsing experience.
For example, due to its shield, you are protected from ads and trackers that try to grab your data. This exact same thing allows you to browse the internet relatively faster than other browsers.
Pros and Cons
Like any other browser, Brave browser comes with pros and cons. Before you use the browser, you may want to consider the following.
- Less tracking and better privacy
- Built-in ad blocking
- Faster, more efficient browsing
- Lack of add-ons and extensions
- It might not work well with some websites
- Some of the browser’s features are still in Beta
Where to Download
Want to try the browser? You can download it directly from the official website or a third-party website. Below we provide the links where you can download the browser.
Download from the official website
The website will automatically detect the OS that you are using. That means you can just click the download button.
Download from Filehorse
If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows OS, click the top link. If you are using a 64-bit version, click the bottom one.
If you are looking for a secure and fast browser that cares about your privacy, look no further than the Brave browser. It offers these, alongside other features and rewards. It does have its downside, however. Currently, the add-ons and extensions are lacking and it might not work well with some websites.